Last Updated: April 8, 2021
6. The rights detailed below are subject to the applicable law that determines your status as a data subject in the jurisdiction in which you are located, including the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Depending on the applicable law, you may have some or all of the following rights in respect of your personal data that we process. For any questions regarding your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Consent: For data subjects for which processing by explicit consent is relevant, we will only process personal data if you have consented to such processing, unless we are otherwise legally authorized or obliged to collect and further process personal data relating to you; and data will be processed solely based on your informed consent, used only for the purposes stated in the consent procedure (for example, in order to supply updates regarding the processing of your data as we supply F4ntec Services), and within the scope outlined below.
8. Withdrawal of consent – You may revoke or withdraw your consent at any time by notifying us directly. Upon receipt of your request, and subject to applicable laws, we will delete your data unless we are legally obliged or authorized to retain it, including for ongoing legitimate business interests of F4ntec. Withdrawal of your consent shall not have any influence over the legality of processing of your personal data carried out prior to said withdrawal.
9. Minimization of data processing – We process and store a minimum of your personal data, only as needed for providing F4ntec Services to you.
10. The “right to be forgotten” – Subject to any relevant laws, including tax laws, you may also request the erasure of all or part of your personal data held by F4ntec. Upon receiving your request, we will remove your personal data from all of our records, as soon as reasonably possible and when technically feasible, unless there is an overriding legal interest or other legal basis for the continuation of the data processing. Please understand that in the event of deletion of personal data upon your request, F4ntec may not be able to further provide Services via the Websites or otherwise, in whole or in part. In requesting data deletion, you irrevocably agree and waive any claim against F4ntec’s inability to provide said services, or any interruption or malfunction resulting therefrom. Note that your request for deletion may also be rejected by F4ntec due to a lack of sufficient relevant information provided by you.
11. The “right to data correction” – You may also request the correction of all or part of your personal data held by F4ntec. Upon receiving your request, we will correct your personal data, as soon as reasonably possible and when technically feasible, unless there is an overriding legal interest or other legal basis for refraining from the requested correction. In requesting data correction, you irrevocably agree and waive any claim against F4ntec’s inability to provide said services, or any interruption or malfunction resulting therefrom. Note that your request for correction may also be rejected by F4ntec for lack of sufficient and/or relevant information provided by you.
12. Transparency and portability of personal data – You are entitled to ask F4ntec for information about the type of personal data about you that we process. You may also be entitled to obtain it in a commonly-used and machine-readable form, subject to technical feasibility and lawfulness considerations.
13. Automated decision-making on the basis of your personal data – Although the situation will be rare, we may make decisions concerning our business relationship with you based on automated processing activities without human intervention. We commit to giving you the opportunity to obtain human intervention in such a decision, express your point of view, and obtain an explanation of the decision.
14. Personal data relating to children and minors – We do not knowingly collect or process personal data relating to children and minors under the age of 13 years, unless we are legally obliged to do so. If we become aware that personal data was transferred to us or collected by us relating to children under the age of 13 years without the informed consent of a parent or legal guardian, we will delete such personal data without undue delay on our own initiative. Note that data subject requests from minors must be accompanied by valid consent of a parent or legal guardian and his/her identification.
15. In the implementation of these data protection rights, F4ntec is committed to providing a timely and transparent response to your requests.
In addition to the uses identified elsewhere in this Policy, we use the personal data we collect to:
27. Send information or content to you which we think may be of interest to you by post, email, mobile device alerts, or other means and send you marketing communications relating to our activities;
28. Promote use of F4ntec Services to you, and share promotional and information content with you in accordance with your communication preferences;
30. Meet legal requirements.
31. We have taken all reasonable, industry-standard technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against loss, alteration, theft or access by unauthorized third parties.
32. We will not sell, share, transfer or use the data we collect from you for purposes other than those purposes stated expressly in this Policy.
33. We will delete your personal data where the purpose for which the data was being collected or processed ceases to apply, or if applicable data protection regulations require us to delete such personal data.
34. The above notwithstanding, F4ntec will not be liable or responsible in any way, including financially, for any damage or loss resulting from the improper use or any breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, your personal data.